Sunday 2 December 2012

What did I learn this week? #4

The M25 can't cope with the current level of traffic and any problems cause huge tailbacks. It's not going to get any better.  I wasted at least 3 hours on the M25 this week moving at a crawl or just sitting in traffic. The authorities need to do better - widening isn't the only solution.
    
I feel sorry for David Beckham. To have a wife who is so successful who looks angry and bored all of the time, must do his head in. Now that his USA adventure has ended (which I think was a poor move anyway), I also hope that he doesn't come back to the UK as the press would go overboard, it's bad enough at the moment.
  
There is such a thing as a free lunch...well sort of. I bought a 6 month subscription to a magazine and it came with the free gift of a running backpack.  The subscription was a reduced £16.99 and when the bag came, I put it on Ebay and sold it for £22.  A magazine in the post and a small profit.  This could be a new thing for me... hunting out the subscriptions with quality free gifts!
    
We have some friends coming over so I made Scones* and while making, I realised that I last made fruit Scones when I was at school!  Pete usually makes the cakes in our house, so it was a rarity for me.
  
  
* For the record, I say Scones which rhymes with stones, whereas Pete says Scones with rhymes with cons.

No comments:

Post a Comment