Saturday 1 December 2012

The home straight

Where did the year go?! It's December already and I can't quite believe it.  This month will be a busy one with a new member of our family arriving, work, some pre-Christmas stuff, Edinburgh, Christmas itself, work and too much food and drink.
  
It's been a tough few weeks at work.  I have my last one-to-one with my manager this week and I will have to work hard not come across as negative. So I will smile and put a positive spin on things.  It's a balancing trick.
  
On Thursday, I will have been with my current employer 5 years. That's 5 years of whinging and moaning by me and definitely not enough progress.  And I can't see that changing for a while.  In a recession, a move from a sort-of-satisfactory job that pays a good wage to something else is a massive risk.  
  
Off to Cambridge today to take in the Christmas atmosphere and have a couple of Saturday afternoon drinks. Have a fine day you'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment