Monday 21 November 2011

Yes it's Ladies night

It's been an exhausting couple of days - but a lot of fun. On Saturday morning, Pete and I drove to my parents house in Kent (via Bluewater for a couple of hours) for a special black tie event.

My Dad is the current Top Dog in his Masonic lodge and Saturday night was 'Ladies Night'. My Mum had to make a speech to the 120+ present. She was terrified having never made a speech before, but she was witty and sounded confident. Dad made his speech as well and Pete got a mention as he had counted a paltry 4 real bow ties in the room and 2 of those were me and Pete!

We had a great time with some OK food and some excellent music and dancing. Pete and I looked after the raffle at the start and raised an amazing £740! This was far more than I was expecting to raise and all of the profit goes to Guide Dogs For The Blind - a very worthy charity.

We both had hangovers on Sunday, but I decided to go and see one of my nephews play in a football game...the team lost. In hindsight, I should have to gone to see my youngest nephew play as his team won 16-3!  

Here are a few pictures from the evening - the first is me and my Mum. We both lost it at this point and were almost crying with laughter over something very silly. Then it's me and one of my brothers and finally, Pete and I.





No comments:

Post a Comment