Saturday 4 December 2010

Saturday

So here I sit, in my living room writing a blog.  I should really be en route to Kent for my Mum and Dad's renewal of vows in the nice little church.  Sadly, due to the snow in Kent, it's been called off.  Mum seemed OK with it, but it will be re-arranged.

I picked my mum up from Luton Airport on Wednesday night and she left this morning.  There was no way to get to their house in Kent as over a foot of snow surrounding the area.  I think she quite enjoyed staying actually and went Christmas shopping with Pete yesterday.

Here in North Herts, there is very little snow left but plenty of ice remains.  I drove many many miles yesterday to a place called Broadway in Worcester.  It took me nearly 3 hours to get there for a meeting that lasted 90 minutes.  It may seem a little extreme, but it could be a great new client.  The drive across country was lovely - the trees were covered in ice and snow and some of the villages were near perfect.  Broadway itself was a beautiful village and the hotel was very very old.  Sitting with a couple of colleagues next to the open fire drinking hugely expensive cappuccinos was very pleasant.  The place seemed so "nice" with all the stone buildings, village green and posh shops - it looked a bit like a theme park!

Since the weekend plans have changed, I need to figure out what to do today.  Plenty of options - I haven't been for a run for a week, so maybe tiptoeing around the ice may happen sometime today.

And don't forget - it's the 5th of the month tomorrow.  Please take some pictures and post them online!  You can join the 5 on the fifth Facebook page here.

No comments:

Post a Comment