Tuesday 2 November 2010

Day 2 - A favourite movie

This posting is part of the 30 day challenge...

Over the past few years, I have really got into watching films on a regular basis.  Pete and I will often go through 5 in a week.  I always record my rating for the film I have just watched on my IMDB profile.

To choose a top movie is tough and my selection will alter almost daily!  You can see from the list of top rated films from the IMDB profile that the decision is difficult:

 An American Werewolf in London 
 Jaws 
 Milk 
 Shrek 
 Up 
 WALL·E 

So which film should encourage you to watch?  I have had to go for 2!

The first is  Kind Hearts and Coronets which I class as a near perfect black comedy.  Considering it was made by Ealing Films in 1949, that may put you off.  Don't let it.  It is truly brilliant and Alec Guinness plays 8 wonderful parts!

The main choice for you is 
Monty Pythons Life Of Brian.  It is a film that I can watch over and over and laugh every time.  Not only is the humour much like my own (a bit mad), it is an intelligent film on many levels and has more quotable lines and scenes than any other movie I can think of.  Here are just two of the best comic scenes ever produced in a film:


What have the Romans ever done for us?




And the ending - that amazingly upbeat song!

1 comment:

  1. Love the "life of Brian". Love all the Monty Python films. Kids can even quote from "the Holy Grail" I trained them young.

    ReplyDelete