Friday 19 November 2010

Day 19 - A favourite quote

This posting is part of the 30 day challenge...

During my years in the closet, I had a sub-conscious weight on my shoulders which was exaggerated every time I avoided answering questions about my gay life or worse, simply lying about it.  A quote that summed up that period well is:

"Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive"

Sir Walter Scott



Lies are about being gay seem to be toxic.  As I have mentioned a few times on this blog, I am still not 100% 'out' and it saddens me.  At 40 years of age, I still have yet to master coming out fully, despite being out to all family and friends.

A long while ago I posted some of my favourite quotes and they can be found here from a very wide selection of people!

No comments:

Post a Comment