Sunday 21 February 2010

Reservoir dog

Yesterday Pete, Max (his brothers dog) and I travelled up the A1 to Grafham Water for a long walk in the warm winter sunshine.

Grafham Water is a reservoir near Huntingdon in Cambridgeshire that was built in the 1960's and the 10 mile route was very muddy. There were loads of people out walking and cycling and plenty of little boats on the water.

Despite being a little terrier, Max trotted along quite happily and it was Pete and I moaning about the difficult paths and distance. It took us 4 hours to complete the circuit - which did include getting lost once.

When we got back, we had one very dirty dog, so Pete put him in the old tin bath in the garden. Max was not happy!

It was lucky we went yesterday because, as I type this, it's snowing again!

And finally.... it's worth noting that yesterday morning, I visited a "proper" running shop and their view was that my trainers have probably been a major contributor to my injuries.





3 comments:

  1. It looks cold, bright but cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love walks in the crisp air;) sounds nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being white, Mason gets dirty very easily. He's going in for his grooming and scrub-up tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete