Tuesday 29 December 2009

Post Christmas lull

Christmas was fine, spending the day itself at Pete's brothers house - there were 7 of us and enough food for 17 I think. I made New York baked cheesecake and Pete made Tiramisu - I think the battle of the desserts was a draw. I have had a cold that doesn't seem to want to go away, so the festive period has been dulled for me.

Over the past few days, Pete and I have watched a couple of films and to enhance the experience, we bought a surround sound system in the sales. It's great! We should have done this long ago.

We went to Cambridge on Sunday and the whole city was packed with bargain hunters. I bought a couple of CDs but couldn't be bothered to queue in Gap for 30+ minutes to buy chinos. Sales seem to bring out the worst in people... actually the worst in women! They push and shove and say nothing when they barge into you. The number of times you let someone through a door and they fail to say "thank you" is increasing!

We are out tonight, in black tie dress, for a meal. New Years Eve is up in the air as plans have changed - not sure what will happen now.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, the Cheescake wins hands down for me. Sans doute.

    We're were in the lull too, but having celebrated our 2nd Christmas day today with a further round of present opening and pop, I'm rather enjoying myself.

    ahoj!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have any specific nenw year's plans yet either. Have to see what happens!

    ReplyDelete