Saturday 26 December 2009

The best of 2009

As the year draws to an end, here are some of my best moments of 2009...

Top holidays & events 2009

- In January we went to a concert in Paris and saw the French president and his wife.
-
Skiing
- Pete and I went to Holland twice, in May for a 40th party and again in September.
- The
cruise in June was far better than I expected it to be. We saw some amazing sights: Norway, Iceland and the Arctic circle. Some pictures here.
- And I started planning a holiday for my
40th.

Music 2009

- Seeing Fleetwood Mac at Wembley was a musical highlight.
- The
One Eskimo album finally saw the light of day and is very good indeed!
- The
Beatles remasters were a welcome reminder that they made the best music ever.
- Heard quite a lot of new music. More reviews in 2010.
- I shared some rare music on
these postings.
-
Pete was a slave to the rhythm in the summer.
- We went to a couple of festivals.

Top movies 2009

In no particular order:
Rudo y Cursi
The Man Who Wasn't There
Gran Torino
Frost/Nixon
The Reader
Man on Wire
The Departed
Juste une question d'amour
Vals Im Bashir
The Royal Tenenbaums
Lucky Number Slevin
The Darjeeling Limited

My Top 3 movies seen in 2009...
Milk
C.R.A.Z.Y.
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Most read blog entries 2009

- Fleetwood Mac - The 200th blog post
-
Only a little bit gay (Man crush)
-
A letter to my 16 year old self
-
Three little words... I am gay
-
Demons
- 30 St Mary Axe
- This blog is pants!
- Stephen Gately RIP
- All Ha Ha Shock Wow entries

Predictions for 2010

- A hung Parliament
- Chelsea win the Premiership
- Crystal Palace sold

Top totty of 2009

Top row, left to right: Yoann Gourcuff, James Nichols, Roque Santa Cruz
Middle row, left to right:
Dino Gamecho, Kevin Zeegers, Christian Cooke, Robin Van Persie
Bottom row, left to right:
Alex Pettyfer, Edilson Nascimento, Julien Quevenne



2 comments:

  1. Merry happy ho ho ho! Wishing you all the best next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Dino Gamecho - he's beautiful and clever and I want him!

    ReplyDelete