Thursday 20 November 2008

Selling pictures... or not selling to be precise

Over the past couple of years I have taken many thousands of photographs - it's one of the few pastimes I am really passionate about. Although I will take the camera to most places I will visit, I did this religiously for a year from my birthday in April 2006 to April 2007.... a year and one day in pictures.















It is actually very difficult to take a picture every single day that is worthy to be shown to the world - but I think I just about pulled it off. Via the link above you can see what I did each day for the year and one day. I eventually put the 392 pictures into a photobook (yes, some days I chose 2 photographs!) . Luckily, Pete and I were living in London at the time, so I think there were more opportunities then to take some good shots. We also went away at weekends quite often - I will tell you all about why that was the case another time.

Some of these pictures I love dearly and would like others to see them. So, a few months ago I decided to try and sell some of them - mainly to publications looking for stock pictures. There are hundreds of stock photo websites and I have since found that only a handful of my favourite pictures are suitable. Some are not large enough, some have slight blemishes, some have other 'faults'. Therefore, I have had to take some specifically to sell and hope to sell them through this site. But this site alone has 14 million pictures, so mine may well get a bit lost!

So, a little over 100 of my works are available, but no-one is buying at the moment. I will probably have to take some dull photos for corporate brochures, but my next step may be to target the needs of specific companies, for example there is one on there already featuring a Caffe Nero cup. If you have any ideas for required stock pictures, I would be grateful to hear your views.


Please subscribe to this blog by clicking on the options on the right of the screen. If you like a particular blog entry, don't forget that you can 'mark' it as a goody on various sites - some of which are shown at the bottom of each blog entry, where you just click on the logo.

4 comments:

  1. HEy there, I really like a lot of the pictures you chose for your album. Thanks for sharing it with us!

    Looking forward to reading more posts from you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pictures...and you have given me the idea to take a picture a day for the year 2009.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great great effort - i know how difficult this is to do first hand and i am very impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shots, you have talent!

    ReplyDelete